What to do if you receive a quarantine letter

If the letter is not signed by your county health director, it is not official. Request an official letter from the health department, and state that according to the policy, it should be signed by the director. In Sedgwick County it is Dr. Minns.

Once you receive the official letter, you have the right to appeal. The directions to appeal should be on the letter. If not contact the health department for how to appeal.

According to KSA 65-129C you have the right to appeal, and according to line (10) the court shall appoint counsel for you, at their expense, since you cannot afford to hire counsel.